Base School Year Calendar
Upcoming ActivitiesAdd to Google Calendar Subscribe to Calendar Download iCal
Information Fair that the Town of Sylvan Lake is hosting. Parents will be able to come and complete all the paperwork required to obtain a criminal record check. This is a great opportunity to get this check done outside of the Sylvan Lake detachment business hours.
A few items to note...
1. Depending on attendance to the event, the completion time for the results will have to determined. For example: if 10 people attend, we will still have the results of the Criminal Record checks completed in a week. If 200 or more attend, the time frame of completion will vary.
2. Parents will need to have the proper identification. (see attached)
3. Vulnerable Sector checks will have the same criteria as when applicants are attending the detachment. (see attached)
4. If a person does have a criminal record, results will not be able to be released to the school/organization. The person will need to attend the detachment in that case.
5. A volunteer letter will be required for each organization/ school the person is volunteering for.
Blindman Valley Agricultural Centre
5202 53 Street Close
Bentley, AB T0C 0J0
Speaker: Dr. Jody Carrington
Tickets: sold through eventbrite
About this Event
We’ve all heard the proverb “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child.” Never has this been more true. In a world where we are more disconnected than ever, Dr. Jody Carrington will speak on the importance of connection. She will be talking about one of the hardest jobs on the planet, raising and teaching kids. Connection is a universal language and disconnection is the biggest problem we face today. We will understand how attachment and connection to our kids, our partners, our teachers, and our community can give our children the most important skill they will ever learn: how to be the kind and connected people we can be proud of.
If we can work together as a community we can learn how to become more connected and support our community of kids and ourselves. You can expect an evening of laughter, stories, learning, maybe a few tears, and a whole lot of inspiration. Bentley School is proud to be hosting this amazing event! Refreshments and snacks included with ticket purchase.
Grade 12 students will be needing to book their time slot for their graduation photos.
More details to come!
More details to come!